Win Afternoon Tea for 4 at Church House*
A Dish Fit For A Coronation!
Enter our Coronation Quiche Competition for a chance to Win Afternoon Tea for 4 at Church House*
The Coronation of King Charles III will soon be upon us; with London, the UK and worldwide attention on the pending event! There has; however, been one burning question on the minds of many Royal supporters and fans; that being – what will the signature dish of the Royal Coronation be?
The “Coronation Quiche” has been personally chosen by King Charles III and Camilla, the Queen Consort, in the hope it will be a centrepiece for street parties and community events on the day.
Quiche is a savoury egg-based dish that is essentially an open-faced pastry crust filled with a mixture of eggs, cream, and cheese, which is then baked in the oven. Quiche can be served as an appetizer, main dish, or side dish, making it a versatile and delicious option for many occasions.
The team at Church House are used to serving up all manner of dishes; and have come up with an easy recipe to allow you to make your own ‘Coronation Quiche’.
Join in the fun by following our recipe for a chance to win afternoon tea for 4 at Church House*
How to Enter
- Create your own Coronation Quiche by following our recipe below.
- Follow Church House on Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter).
- Take a picture with your quiche, upload it to one of the above platforms, and enter your caption with the hashtag #ChurchHouseCoronationQuiche
The winner will be chosen on May 9th.
Coronation Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 eggs
- 150ml double cream
- 150ml milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Grease a 23cm quiche dish and line with the pastry. Prick the base with a fork and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper and carrots, and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the tomato puree, ground coriander, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, cream and milk. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the cooked vegetables, cheese and herbs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry case and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and set. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
* Terms, conditions and rules at the discretion of The Corporation of Church House apply.