Banana and chocolate chip ice cream dessert
· 6 very ripe bananas
· ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the bananas into ½-inch slices and lay flat on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 1-1/2 hours.
2. Remove frozen bananas from the freezer and let set out for about 5 minutes while you set up your food processor or blender. You want the bananas to softened just a bit, but still be frozen.
3. Place the bananas in the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in ½ cup mini chocolate chips.
4. Grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop the banana ice cream into each cup, filling each one almost full, then sprinkle the top of each cup with a few more mini chocolate chips. Place the muffin pan in the freezer for an hour.
5. Remove the pan from the freezer and pop each bite out with a knife. Stack the banana ice cream bites in a freezer safe container with a lid, placing parchment paper between each layer of bites to keep them from sticking together.
Store bites in the freezer for 2-3 months.