Coconut Passion Fruit Cake
We love this easy Coconut Passion Fruit Cake recipe because it lends itself to various different versions by substituting some of the ingredients. The other bonus is that it can keep for 4-5 days if kept in an airtight container, which means you’ll have longer to enjoy this treat.
- 60 ml coconut oil (or vegetable oil/ olive oil/ melted butter)
- 60 ml yogurt (or crème fraiche/ buttermilk/ sour cream)
- 20 ml passion fruit juice (or any citrus juice)
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- Zest of one citrus fruit (we used lime)
- 60 g self-raising flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g desiccated coconut (or semolina)
- Half a teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g icing sugar
- Pulp of 2 citrus fruits (we used passion fruit)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a cake pan.
- Add the coconut oil, yogurt, puree, caster sugar and zest to a large bowl. Mix briefly.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, almonds, coconut and baking powder. Add the contents of this bowl to the liquid ingredients.
- Stir until smooth. Pour into cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Whilst waiting for the cake to cool, make the glaze by mixing the two ingredients to make a pourable glaze.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake, and allow it to drip down the side.