Dry January free-spirited cocktail
Dry January doesn’t need to mean unrealistic expectations or additional pressure. It’s about mindful drinking, and making small meaningful tweaks to our daily routines to help address the balance and so lead to a healthier year.
Rosemary and thyme-infused orange and grapefruit cooler
- A few sprigs of thyme
- One sprig of rosemary
- 2 oranges (we used blood oranges)
- 1 grapefruit (we used pink grapefruit)
- Half a cup of sugar
- Half a cup of water
- Juice the oranges and grapefruit.
- Add the rinds of the oranges and grapefruit to a saucepan, along with the water, sugar, thyme, and rosemary. Heat until almost boiling. Leave to cool. The longer the herbs remain in the syrup, the stronger the infusion. Remove the herbs and rinds.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Add the cold syrup to the fruit juice. Pour over the ice and decorate with orange slices and/or rosemary sprigs.