Church House Westminster is proud to be accredited by the Good Business Charter (GBC), a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers and supported by the Confederation of British Industry as well as the Trades Union Congress.
Church House Westminster is the second London venue to join the GBC, after the Phoenix Arts Club.
The GBC consists of 10 components and more details for each of these components can be found on their website: www.goodbusinesscharter.com
As an organisation with less than 51 employees:
- We commit to paying our directly employed and regularly contracted staff the real living wage as defined by the Living Wage Foundation.
- We commit to only using zero or minimal hours contracts when it is mutually beneficial and accepted by both us and the employee.
- We will actively support and encourage employee well-being treating those with legitimate sickness in a fair and respectful manner and promote access to impartial support and advice for employees with physical and mental health needs.
- We commit to having a way where every employee can make suggestions or raise issues with senior management.
- We commit to having robust measures in place to encourage diversity at key stages of recruitment, selection and retention of employees and to prevent harassment or victimisation in the workplace.
- We care about the environment and encourage the development of good environmental practices as an organisation, seeking to minimise our impact and commit to improving it.
- We commit to paying our taxes where applicable, only use tax allowances for the purpose intended, and be transparent in our relationship with HMRC.
- We have a clear commitment to our stakeholders and prioritise addressing and learning from stakeholder feedback, seeking to put negative issues right.
- We commit to ethical sourcing of anything we purchase, such as by applying standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code where relevant.
- We commit to paying our suppliers promptly, and within at least 30 days.
Elana Kruger, Head of Marketing at Church House Westminster, explains: “We are incredibly proud to have joined the Good Business Charter. Our values align perfectly with the accreditation, demonstrating our passion when it comes to caring for our people by supporting the Real Living Wage and employee well-being, along with our commitment to our clients, the community, and the environment. We pledge to continue to positively support the GBC.”.
According to the GBC “members are expected to adhere to the spirit of the Good Business Charter in their dealings with all stakeholders in their approach to the environment and in their legal and financial compliance. These include workers, customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and the community”.
For more information, please get in touch with us via our contact form or give us a call on 020 7390 1590 to discuss your event.