Ideas for Christmas dinner leftovers
As a carbon-neutral venue, our sustainability policies illustrate our commitment in terms of avoiding food waste. We do this by following the 3 R’s – reducing food waste, recycling food waste and reusing food waste.
- Chop and add to mac & cheese with mustard and leeks
- Fry thick slices and serve with eggs and bubble & squeak
- Combine with turkey and cannellini beans for pot pies
- Add to a Welsh rarebit and grill until golden
- Try our take on the Croque Monsieur. Take two pieces of bread, fill with leftover cheese, cranberry sauce and ham, then butter the outsides of the bread pieces and fry in a pan until the cheese has melted.
- Combine to make coleslaw with sprouts, carrots, harissa and vinegar. Serve with a tahini dressing.
- Make rostis by combining all of the leftovers including potatoes, carrots and sprouts and flour before frying until crispy. Serve with a sriracha mayo.
- Add shredded turkey to a ginger, garlic and chilli broth, along with ramen noodles, spring onions and mushrooms.
- Create a creamy curry using coconut milk and some of the leftover Christmas dinner veg such as potatoes and beans.
- Add salmon to a creamy layered potato, parsnip and celeriac layered gratin.
- Pickle them. Simply fry in olive oil, add your chosen seeds (turmeric, cumin, coriander, mustard), caster sugar and cider.
- Whizz up a flavour-packed sprout and stilton soup and serve with homemade bread.
- Bake a delicious bread & butter pudding by adding egg custard to slices of panettone in a buttered baking dish.
- Use the Christmas dinner leftovers to make rich and fruity scones for a delectable afternoon treat.
Find out what items your council will recycle during this time, including Christmas trees and festive greeting cards – https://www.gov.uk/recycling-collections