Job vacancy: Events Coordinator
We are looking for an Events Coordinator to join our very friendly and award-winning Events team on a short-term contract. The successful candidate will be expected to do flexible shift work during the day in the week, and occasionally work evenings or weekends. There may be the possibility to extend the contract in the New Year.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND ROLE
The role will have as its focus to proactively sell the beautiful spaces, rooms, and services that we have to earn income which is then given back to our parent charity on an annual basis., At the heart of your job will be to ensure all clients receive excellent service and that all client’s requirements are met in full.
We are proud of our values and work to them, we are looking for someone who also behaves in an ethical way, wants to help us look after our building, will care for our people, will offer solutions, and wants to do an excellent job.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage a variety of daily tasks according to the priorities of the moment. Customer service is paramount, and the successful person will contribute to our venue’s efficient operations, ensuring that the building is safe, clean, and welcoming to visitors.
Previous work experience in a similar job role within the hospitality industry or similar is essential.
Church House Westminster is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We serve a diverse range of clients and hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds as it makes our team stronger as well as being the right thing to do. The important thing is that you share our enthusiasm and values.
We are committed to treating everyone fairly and no one will be subject to discrimination. We will do whatever is necessary to provide genuine equality of opportunity. If there is anything we can do to make your application more straightforward to complete please let us know.
We will be recruiting according to the role specification and according to our values.
- Answer, handle, and record all enquiries received turning them into confirmed bookings
- Send proposals
- To meet prospective clients and conduct showrounds
- Chase all provisional bookings to keep the diary system up to date
- Issue contracts and deposit invoices for each confirmed booking.
- Make sure contracts are signed and deposits paid in timely manner
- Confirm details with clients at least two weeks prior to the event
- To compile function sheets and send them to client for the final approval
- Carry out morning room checks and act as Duty Manager on evening functions as per the staff rota to ensure that each hall/room is set out correctly and to the appropriate standard and that the centre is clean
- Help Head of Client Relations on the day of the event to meet and greet organisers on arrival, check all the timings, room layout, and AV details, and brief them on evacuation procedure
- Respond to client requests throughout the day and ensure the smooth flow of clients and delegates around the conference centre
- Ensure the delivery to and collection from the meeting rooms of clients’ material
- Invoice clients after the event
- Program temperature controlling system for all rooms
- Establish good working relations with colleagues within Church House and make sure relevant information is filtered through to the appropriate departments
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role as requested by management
- To be able to sell effectively on the telephone and an understanding of effective techniques
- To understand the basic principles of good client relationship management and the management of clients’ accounts
- To have a good grasp of the importance of preparation and knowledge of the services on offer to effectively upsell and raise conversion rates
- To have the ability to leave a memorable and positive impression on clients
- To know how to maximise sales through conducting effective showrounds
- An understanding of how events run on site
- A willingness and confidence to act as Duty Manager on events
- To have gained or be willing to gain the necessary qualifications to fulfill the role of Duty Manager
- Enthusiasm for running events successfully and meeting clients’ expectations
- To be able to coordinate the activities of other departments (maintenance, porterage, cleaning and
- catering) to ensure room set-ups meet clients’ requirements
- Ability to understand clients’ requirements for their events and to ask appropriate questions to elicit the necessary information
- To put together function sheets
- To co-ordinate in a timely fashion the needs for information from the various departments which have an input into the staging of events in the building
- To manage the diary so that the maximum use of the rooms within the building is achieved
- To be able to work to deadlines
- To effectively manage the process of chasing provisional bookings
Customer care skills
- To enjoy meeting and working with clients face-to-face
- To know what constitutes a high standard of customer service
- To be able to solve problems ‘on the hoof’
- To always be able to behave in a professional manner
- To be able to build and maintain loyalty and goodwill with clients
Communication skills / emotional intelligence
- To have a pleasant telephone manner
- The ability to put one’s ideas forward in a coherent and substantiated manner
- To be able to communicate effectively
- To be able to present information in an attractive and professional manner
- The ability to listen and take on board information
- A knowledge of email etiquette
- An appreciation of how to establish non-verbal rapport in face-to-face meetings
- Time management skills
- The ability to productively prioritise one’s workload
- To be able to work effectively under short-term operational pressure
Ability to work with all levels
- To be able to gain the confidence and respect of all one’s colleagues
- To feel at ease meeting VIPs
- To be open and friendly and always ready to listen with clients
- To understand the importance of revenue targets
- To understand the principles of cost-effectiveness
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 1 November 2021.