Louise Donovan, Director of Events and Hospitality at Lambeth Palace, mentions some highlights of the dishes we were privileged to serve at Church House on this solemn occasion:
• Roasted Scottish Salmon, Lemon; Dill Mashed Potato, Shaved Pickled Fennel, Salsa Verde; Crispy British Samphire
• Braised Scottish Beef, British Carrot; Ginger Puree, Light Jus; British Parsnip Crisps
What is worth noting about the menu is that it was as seasonal, fresh, and local as possible. The dishes were prepared with Loch Tay line-caught Scottish Salmon, Scottish beef from Aberdeen, samphire from Cornwall, and parsnips from a farm in Kent.
Louise Donovan, comments: “Traceability is key within our products and all our suppliers are reviewed quarterly.”
And for anyone interested to learn about the statistics for the event, here are some numbers:
• We served over 10,000 food items.
• The white wine that was served was from the cellars of Lancaster House from the Chapel Down vineyard.
• We served 12 canapes, 4 bowl food options plus catering for 500 protection officers.
• It took 145 catering staff and chefs to deliver an event of this scale.
“It was a huge honour to be part of this day and we are unlikely to ever see anything on this scale again.”