Spinach and banana muffins
· 2 cups old-fashioned oats
· ¼ cup ground flaxseed
· ½ tsp baking soda
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· 2 tsp baking powder
· ½ cup coconut sugar or your favourite granulated sugar
· ½ cup almond milk
· 2 cups packed spinach leaves
· ¼ cup coconut oil
· 2 extra-ripe large bananas
· 2 eggs**
· 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line a muffin tin.
2. Put 2 cups of old-fashioned oats in your blender and blend until the oats achieve the texture of flour. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the oat flour (ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar). Set aside.
4. Add almond milk to the blender followed by 2 cups of spinach. Blend together until completely smooth.
5. Add bananas and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
6. Add vanilla and eggs and blend until just combined
7. Pour wet ingredients to dry mixture and stir to combine (making sure there are no lumps)!
8. Fill each well in your muffin tin with ¼ cup of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and the top springs back when touched.
**for vegan version substitute 2 eggs with 2 TBS ground chia seeds and 5 TBS water.