The micro wedding reception venue
The rise of the micro wedding reception venue in response to circumventing restrictions on gatherings during the pandemic has offered couples a creative alternative to ensure wedding receptions can still go ahead.
As a result, small and unique wedding reception venues such as Church House Westminster now offer a safe Covid-secure option to host an intimate small-scale celebration with close friends and family. Couples opting for micro wedding receptions have found these new hybrid wedding solutions to be more advantageous in terms of pre-Covid wedding receptions.
- Micro wedding receptions are smaller, usually between 15 and 30 in-person guests will be allowed to celebrate your union, depending on government COVID-19 regulations.
- The smaller guest list means that the original wedding budget can be reallocated to allow almost unlimited virtual guests, who are unable to attend in-person, to join the reception online.
- Small wedding receptions offer total flexibility to the couple. The celebration can be shorter and more relaxed with a few more personal touches. Which means, your day, your way! Couldn’t get that DJ to travel to London? Well, virtually his set can be streamed from anywhere in the world. The sky is the limit.
With this in mind, our team at Church House Westminster has designed a carefully curated and customisable package for micro-wedding receptions. In creating your perfect day, we have “married” (sorry!) the best of in-person and virtual wedding worlds. Our historic Grade II listed building, designed by Sir Herbert Baker with its stunning views of Westminster Abbey visible from the stone balcony of the Bishop Partridge Hall, offers modern audio-visual facilities to create truly memorable wedding reception experiences for both your in-person and virtual guests.
Planning on a small scale for you big day
- Set the scene by choosing a venue that offers a captivating history, beautiful architecture and state-of-the-art audio-visual and production technology.
- Create unforgettable wedding reception experiences with the help and support of a dedicated Event Coordinator from Church House Westminster
- Impress in-person guests on the day with sumptuous menus and drinks prepared by our in-house catering team. Know that every detail will be perfect following your complimentary menu tasting in preparation for the big day.
- Look forward to an interactive celebration managed by our expert and dedicated in-house audio-visual and production team. Their professional and technical support offers an array of options, depending on your requirements, for example
- A live stream of the reception
- Screen projection, to show an integrated video wall of virtual guests
- Pre-recorded videos and other content prior to the reception
- Professional standard video production
- Video cameras capturing an array of angles including wide shots and close-ups to bring the day to life for your online guests
- Perfect lighting and sound to capture the live speeches, toasts and the cutting of the cake throughout your wedding reception
- Virtual breakout rooms for specific groups of your online wedding party, for example, a kids’ room, disco room, or chill room
- Online live chat to display comments from your virtual guests
- Entertainment acts to be seamlessly integrated on the day including a virtual DJ or live music performances
- A downloadable edited wedding video as a keepsake after the wedding reception
Find out more about our micro wedding reception venue in London.