Vegan chocolate mousse with honeycomb and Forced Yorkshire Rhubarb
Vegan chocolate mousse with honeycomb and Forced Yorkshire Rhubarb (8 Portions)
For the chocolate mousse
600g silken tofu, drained
300g vegan dark chocolate, broken into pieces 2 vanilla pod, seeds only
2 tbsp treacle
Agave syrup, to taste
40g toasted flaked almonds, to serve
For the honeycomb 100g/31⁄2oz caster sugar 100ml/31⁄2fl oz glucose syrup 2 tbsp golden syrup
Pinch bicarbonate of soda
For the Rhubarb
600g forced Yorkshire Rhubarb 10% Stock Syrup
1 Lemon Juice & Zest
Honey cress to garnish
1. Put the tofu in a bowl and blend with a hand blender until you have a purée
2. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof glass bowl sat over a saucepan of simmering water, being careful not to let the bowl touch the water
3. Whisk in the tofu, vanilla seeds and guava syrup. Place in a container or glass in refrigerate until set.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
5. To make the honeycomb, put the sugar, glucose and golden syrup into a saucepan and heat until it reaches 145C. (This should take about 5 minutes.)
6. Quickly whisk in the bicarbonate of soda and pour onto the lined baking tray. Set aside to cool and harden.
7. Cut the Rhubarb into batons or dice the lightly poach in the stock syrup with lemon juice & zest. Remember forced Rhubarb doesn’t take a lot of cooking