These decadently flaky crescent-shaped breakfast treats are massively versatile when combined with your favourite fillings. Rustle up this easy (cheat’s) recipe with a chocolate filling, or try your vegan croissants filled with almonds, fresh fruit, vegan cream or cheese.
- 500-grams vegan puff pastry
- 20 teaspoons of vegan chocolate spread (or any nut butter)
- Half a cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove puff pastry from the packaging. Dust with flour on both sides.
- Cut the puff pastry into narrow triangles, aim for 20 pieces.
- Add a teaspoon of chocolate spread to one the broad side of each triangle.
- Apply a spot of milk on the smaller side to help the dough stick together.
- Roll each pastry triangle from the filling side to the side where you’ve applied the milk. Pinch the sides together. Brush milk on the top of the croissants.
- Place the croissants on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until the croissants are golden in colour.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven allow to cool.
- Sprinkle icing sugar over the croissants before serving.